Name and address of our Data Controller and the Data Protection Officer
Euroopa Ekspress OÜ
Järvevana tee 9–40, 11314 Tallinn, Estonia
Phone: +372 6406404
Table of Contents
- Report of data breaches.
- Why do we process data?
- With whom do we share data?
- Legal basis for the processing of personal data.
- Data deletion and period of storage.
- Provision of the website and creation of log files.
- Purpose of the data processing.
- For how long the data is stored?
- Can you object to such data gathering?
- Google Analytics.
- Registration to Customer Portal.
- Contact form and emails.
- Data processing for the creation of a profile in the Euroopa Ekspress OÜ Jobs Portal.
- Right to information.
- You have a right to correct the data about you.
- Right to limit the processing.
- Can you request the removal of data?
- Your right to data portability.
- Right to object.
- Your right to object to profiling.
- Right to complain to supervisory authority.
1. Report of data breaches.
You can report data breaches at any time to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A data breach means a breach of security that leads to the accidental or illegal destruction, loss or modification, unauthorised disclosure or unauthorised access of personal data, which is transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by Euroopa Ekspress OÜ or a third party contracted by us.
2. Why do we process data?
3. With whom do we share data?
We pass on data to third parties, including but not limited to the customs agents, freight forwarders, and the IT service suppliers to the extent required to perform the services you request from us.
We store your data or otherwise pass it on to our affiliates or further trustworthy business partners who perform services in our name, for example, for web development to improve the usefulness of this website or other types of service provision.
Please note that the companies contracted by Euroopa Ekspress OÜ, as well as authorities, customers, and suppliers to whom we may pass on your data, might be registered outside of your home country.This can include countries with data protection laws that differ from those applicable in the country where you or the company you represent are domiciled. In such cases, we will ensure that suitable measures for protecting your data are taken by introducing appropriate legal mechanisms, e.g. EU standard contract clauses.
4. Legal basis for the processing of personal data.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies as the legal basis for processing personal data.
5. Data deletion and period of storage.
The personal data of the data subjects will be deleted as soon as the purpose for storing it ceases to apply.
6. Provision of the website and creation of log files.
On each visit to https://europe.express our system automatically gathers data and information from your PC, smartphone or tablet.
We collect the following data during this process:
- Browser type and the version used
- Operating system of your device
- Your IP address
- Your geolocation
- Date and time of the access
- Websites from which you reached https://europe.express
- Websites that are visited via our website
The data will be stored in the log files of our database. This data will not be stored together with the rest of your personal data.
7. The purpose of data processing.
We store your IP address so that we can deliver website content that is customised according to your location. The log data helps us optimise the website and ensure the security of our IT systems.
8. For how long is the data stored?
We will delete the data as soon as it is no longer needed to achieve the purpose of gathering it. This will be the case when the respective session is ended if the data is gathered for the purpose of providing this website.
If the data is stored in log files, we will delete it after 90 days. If we choose to keep it beyond this point in time, we will ensure that the data remains anonymised.
9. Can you object to such data gathering?
The gathering of the data to provide the website and storing the data in log files is required for the website’s operation. Consequently, you cannot object to it.
In addition to the data mentioned above, Cookies are used on your computer when visiting our website. Cookies are small text files created by your browser on your end as a means of storing information.
The next time you visit our website from the same end device, the data stored in the Cookies is sent either to our website (“First Party Cookie”) or to another website to which the Cookie is linked (“Third Party Cookie”).
By using Cookies we know you have previously visited the web page using your device’s browser. We use the information we receive from Cookies to design and display the webpage in an optimal way according to your preferences and location.
We differentiate between the following Cookies for the use of our website:
- Necessary Cookies
These Cookies are necessary to operate the website and temporarily store session data so that the page is displayed correctly. They contain functions without which you cannot use our webpages as intended.
- Cookies for reach measurement
Cookies that are used to measure the website reach information about the way our website is used. These Cookies do not store any information that permits the identification of the user. The collected data is exclusively aggregated and thereby analysed anonymously.
- Performance Cookies
By accepting Performance Cookies, you allow us to measure the number of returning users. In addition, we may conduct improvement measures for individual pages such as AB testing. In isolated cases, we carry out further measurements, which gather individual users’ clicking behaviour or mouse movements in random samples and in an anonymous form.
- Marketing Cookies
We use Marketing Cookies to check the success of our marketing activities. Marketing Cookies originate from external advertising companies (Third Party Cookies) and are used to gather information about the user’s websites to generate target group-specific advertising for the user.
We use the following Marketing Cookies:
We use Third Party Cookies to link our page with social networks such as LinkedIn and Google and provide you with the opportunity to share something directly via the social media platforms.
11. Google Analytics.
You can prevent the gathering of the data generated by the Cookie relating to your usage of the website, including your IP address to be transmitted to Google, as well as the processing of data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here.
If you register as a user on our website you automatically give us consent for the use of Performance Cookies. In such cases we will collect and store the following information with Google Analytics:
- Your country
- Your customer ID
- Your product attribution
12. Registration to our Customer Portal.
You can register on our website to become a paying customer by entering your personal and company data. The data you provide in the process is transmitted and stored by us. The following data is gathered in the course of the registration process:
- First name
- Last name
- Company details
Purpose of the data processing
The user registration is required for the fulfilment of a contract to which you are a party. Subject to your consent, which we ask for specifically for said registration purposes, we also use your data to offer products and services that you might be interested in. You can deactivate these services by deleting your customer account in the Customer Portal.
Duration of data storage
The personal data from your Customer Portal will be deleted as soon as it is no longer needed to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. If you have not used your account for more than one year, we will use your email address to inform you that your account will be deleted.
13. Contact form and emails.
You can use the Contact Form on our website to contact us electronically. If you choose to use this option, the data entered in the contact form will be transmitted to and stored by us. We will only use the information provided by you in the contact form for advertising purposes with your consent.
If you contact us by sending a message to one of our email addresses, the information in this email and personal data transmitted along with the email will be stored by us. The data will be used exclusively for the processing of the conversation and, in the case that you have expressly consented to it, for advertising purposes.
Duration of the storing of contact form and email data.
As soon as the respective communication with you is terminated or the data is no longer needed to achieve the purpose for which it has been gathered, the data will be deleted. The communication is terminated when it can be seen that the relevant facts have been clarified conclusively.
Possibility of removal of contact form and email data.
If you contact us by contact form or email, you can ask us to remove the data from your emails at any time.
14. Data processing for the creation of a profile in the Euroopa Ekspress OÜ Jobs Portal.
You can create a candidate profile in the Euroopa Ekspress OÜ Jobs Portal by registration and upload of relevant documents at https://careers.europe.express. By using Euroopa Ekspress OÜ Jobs Portal you automatically give us consent to process the data supplied by you for the purpose of considering you as a candidate for a job at Euroopa Ekspress OÜ.
Purpose of data processing
You can voluntarily register at Euroopa Ekspress OÜ Jobs Portal to express your interest to work with Euroopa Ekspress OÜ.
How long will we keep your job candidate data?
Your consent will be valid until your profile is deleted and it can be revoked at any time by you. Unless you have revoked your consent at an earlier point already, we will delete your profile three years after your last activity. To request deletion of your job candidate data email email@example.com.
15. Right to information.
You can request a confirmation from our data controller if data relating to you is processed by us. If we hold and process your data, you can ask for the information from the data controller regarding the following aspects:
- The purposes for which we process your data.
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom data relating to you has been disclosed or will be disclosed in the future.
- The planned duration of the storing of the data relating to you or, if this cannot be specified, the criteria for determining the storage duration.
- Applicability of a right to correction or deletion of the personal data relating to you, a right to restrict the processing by the data controller, or a right to object to this processing.
- Applicability of a right to complain to a supervisory authority.
- All available information on the origin of the data if the personal data has not been gathered from our website or email.
- Applicability of an automated decision-making process, including profiling. At least information about the involved logic and scope, as well as the intended objectives.
You have the right to demand information of whether the data relating to you is being transmitted to a third country or an international organisation.
16. You have a right to correct the data about you.
You have a right to the correction and completion of your personal data with the data controller insofar as the processed personal data relating to you is incorrect or incomplete. The data controller must correct it without undue delay.
17. Right to limit processing.
You can request the limitation of the processing of personal data relating to you, according to the following conditions:
- If you deny the correctness of the personal data relating to you for a period that enables the data controller to check the correctness of the personal data.
- The processing is illegitimate and you reject the deletion of the personal data, and instead request the limitation of the use of the personal data.
- The data controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you require it for the exercise of legal claims.
- If you have raised an objection against data processing according to Art.1 GDPR, and if it is not certain yet if the justified interests of the data controller outweigh your reasons.
Suppose the processing of the personal data relating to you has been limited. In that case, this data may be processed, other than for storing, only with your consent or only to exercise legal claims or to protect the rights of another person or legal entity, or for reasons of a compelling public interest of the European Union.
If the limitation of the processing has been applied according to the aforementioned conditions, you will be informed by the data controller before the limitation is lifted.
18. Can you request the removal of data?
As a user, you can cancel your registration or demand the deletion of the personal data relating to you at any time. If the data is required for the fulfilment of a contract, you can request the removal of data only if the contract subject to data is concluded. Our data controller will be obligated to delete this data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
- Personal data relating to you is no longer required for the purposes for which it has been gathered or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent that served as the basis for the processing according to Art. 6 or Art. 9 GDPR and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- You raise an objection according to Art. 21 GDPR against the data processing and there are no outweighing justified reasons for the processing of your data, or you object to the processing according to Art. 21 GDPR.
- The personal data relating to you is processed illegitimately.
- The deletion of the data relating to you is required to fulfil a legal obligation according to EU law or the laws of the Member States that apply to the data controller.
- The personal data relating to you has been gathered with regard to offered services of the information society according to Art. 8 GDPR.
The legitimacy of the processing that has taken place up until your request for the removal of data will not be affected by the revocation of the consent.
Information to third parties
If the data controller has made the personal data relating to you publicly accessible and if it is obligated to delete it according to Art. 17 GDPR, it will take appropriate measures, also of a technical nature, in consideration of the available technology and implementation costs, in order to inform the parties who are responsible for the data processing and who process the personal data, of the fact that you, as the data subject, have requested them to delete all links to this personal data or copies or replications of this personal data.
The right to deletion does not apply if the processing is required:
- To exercise the right to free speech and information.
- To fulfil a legal obligation that applies to the processing according to EU law or the laws of the Member States that apply to the data controller, or to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of public power that has been delegated to the data controller.
- For reasons of public interest in matters of public health according to Art. 9 GDPR.
- For archiving purposes that are in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes according to Art. 89 GDPR.
- For the exercise of legal claims.
19. Your right to data portability.
You have the right to receive the personal data relating to you that you have made available to us in a structured, common, and machine-readable format. Furthermore, you have the right to transmit this data to another data controller without hindrance.
In exercise of this right, you moreover have the right to effect that the personal data relating to you is transmitted directly from one data controller to another data controller insofar as this is technically practicable. Freedoms and rights of other persons must not be impaired thereby.
The right to data portability does not apply to the processing of personal data required to fulfil a task in the public interest or in exercise of public power delegated to the data controller.
20. Right to object.
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you that takes place on the basis of Art. 6 GDPR. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
Our data controller will cease the processing of personal data relating to you unless it can provide compelling reasons for the processing of said data that qualify for protection and which outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms.
You have the option to exercise your right to object in connection with the use of the services of the information society, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC by means of automated procedures, in which technical specifications are used.
21. Your right to object to profiling.
You have the right not to be subjected to a decision exclusively based on automated processing such as profiling, which develops legal effect in relation to you or causes similar significant obstructions for you. This does not apply if the decision is related to the company you are representing. For example, in the process of determining the creditworthiness of your company.
22. Right to complain to supervisory authority.
Without prejudice to other administrative or in court appeals, you have the right to complain with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your domicile, your workplace, or the place of the suspected violation if you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you violates GDPR.
The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been filed will inform the complainant of the status and the complaint results, including the possibility of appeal in court pursuant to Art. 78 GDPR.